Work With Us
There’s a reason why National Development was named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Boston Business Journal. Our employees love it here. And what makes us so special? We create an environment where everyone can grow and thrive. We go the extra mile for our partners, clients and each other. We lean into the challenge. Above all, we keep our core values at the forefront of everything we do — open communication, entrepreneurial spirit, diversity, commitment to giving back, building sustainable communities, and integrity in all interpersonal and business interactions. If you share that same passion and commitment, then we’d love to get to know you. National Development is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
Painter & Maintenance Technician
National Development is looking for a Painter and Maintenance Technician with 2 years’ maintenance experience for Station Landing apartments located in Medford. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for people, apartment living, and creating a sense of community among residents and team members. As a member of our team, you will instill a sense of National Development pride in everyone that you interact with.
As Painter, your primary responsibilities include:
All painting needs within the common areas as well as apartment turnovers. Must have painting professional experience.
As Maintenance Technician, your primary responsibilities include:
This position requires an individual who is dependable, motivated, organized and understands that the residents are the center of the apartment community.
- Proficient in assessing repair issues which include electrical, plumbing, HVAC and appliances
- Effectively handle resident service requests and work orders within 24 hours
- Excellent customer service skills are required
- Respond to on-call emergencies after hours and on weekends, every 3rd week, as rotation requires
- Ensure all apartment make-ready repairs and services (painting and cleaning) are completed on schedule
- Work closely with office staff, vendors and contractors on a daily basis
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Utilize Yardi work order system
- Perform daily inspections of building, common areas and grounds
- Organization of maintenance shop and stock control
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are mandatory
You Create Value by:
- Being dedicated to our residents – working to exceed their expectations and strive to create extraordinary experience
- Proudly represent National Development’s professionalism and values
- Being dedicated to your team – you roll up your sleeves and assist team members—no job is “below your pay grade”
What You Bring to Us:
- 2+ years experience in maintenance technician
- Willingness to jump in, learning new tasks and systems
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
What We Bring You:
National Development offers a wide range of insurance options, programs and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Including:
- Comprehensive and affordable health plans
- Life insurance
- Employee wellness incentives
- Company-matched 401K
We want our team members to be happy and healthy, both personally and professionally. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters and health and wellness.
National Development is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer